Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Terrazzo side tables

lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Terrazzo side tables

22C866B4-CB92-4685-9A7E-F7979D0342E6.jpeg

After my last project, I had leftover Duratile Terrazzo Bianco floor tiles and was in desperate need of some side tables for my room, so Voila! Using MDF board, Duratile 600 x 300 porcelain tiles, Selleys liquid nails, Durabed grout & a finishing sealer, I created these at a total cost of $66 for two! I managed to grab a tile cutter and actually cut the tops as I couldn’t find a 300x300 to match.

3276035B-3515-4D91-8358-3372E4B3D709.jpeg

🀄

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Terrazzo side tables

Hello @lauraahearn

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful side table project. Those Terrazo Bianco floor tiles look fantastic as a cover for the MDF frame. It looks very solid and must weigh a fair bit with all those tiles attached to it. Did you have to make the MDF board exactly the same size as the tile or bigger? I take it the bottom of the table is open? or did you cover it with MDF as well? Any other information you can share about your assembly process would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing such a great-looking side table project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Re: Terrazzo side tables

Hi Eric

Thank you 😊 

The MDF boards I had cut to 60x29.5. The way I place them together into a box shape, meant that each side would have a bit of an extension from the next board. So I placed each tile directly centred which meant that there would be a larger opening for grout. Next time I would aim to use a thinner MDF, as the tiles themselves make the shape / hold the shape. 

The bottoms are MDF 30x30. So it created a “floating” look. I didn’t want to place a tile on the bottom, in case of it cracking under pressure over time. Lots of learning experiences through this project :smile: 

thanks again 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects