Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Theatre Room Transformation!

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

Theatre Room Transformation!

We decided, well I convinced the hubby to paint the whole theatre room grey! I have always wanted to create a warm & cost feel to where we sit back and watch a movie together, so we did it! 

We washed the walks down first using sugar soap then got into taping the walls ready for me cut in. We used the BEST tape- highly recommend spending a little more and buying FROGTAPE #0088297 it was 100x better than that blue "painters" tape. 

2 coats of Dulux Malay Grey we painted and it looks amazing, if I do say so myself! 

We still need to mount our TV to the wall and put bits and pieces back in the tv cabinet...but overall super happy with the outcome!

https://www.bunnings.com.au/frog-tape-48mm-x-55m-multi-surface-masking-tape_p008829 

20200714_181320.jpg

20200716_093643.jpg

  

20200715_170123.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Theatre Room Transformation!

Hi @Nikkaz,

Many thanks for sharing your project with the community as you've done a fantastic job. I trust many members will find your advice on the process useful in their own projects. I have certainly heard some great things about the Frog tape and have seen some great examples of its superior bleed through resistance qualities. It's amazing that a tape could perform this well but also be easy to remove after the job is done.

We look forward to seeing what other projects you are up to around your house and garden and encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects