Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tips to remove wall mark

Robin
Growing in Experience

Tips to remove wall mark

Hi All. I am trying to clean the wall mark. Scrubbed with a sponge and Sugar soap even tried magic eraser with no luck.

Anyone know any good tips to remove this mark? Thank you.

IMG_5417.jpgIMG_5416.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tips to remove wall mark

Hi @Robin,

Any ideas about what caused the mark? It might help members to suggest remedies. 

Let me tag a few helpful members in Tara86, @prettyliving, @Peggers and @Simon to see how they might tackle the problem. Unfortunately, sometimes repainting is the quickest and best solution. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Robin
Growing in Experience

Hi @Jason 

I honestly don't know what caused it. It was caused by my ex-tenant. Due to Covid 19, the tenant is not in Australia and I will have to clean this myself. I am guessing furniture marks. I am looking for the quickest and cost effective solution :smile:

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

You could try using rubbing alcohol, otherwise I’ve cleaned walls with baking soda before - just use 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water to make a paste, rub it on the wall and wipe off with a clean cloth. 
I’ve also heard of people using vinegar to clean walls but I don’t know the full method you may have to google that. 

Hello,  Have you tried good old morning fresh.A generous amount of morning fresh to warm water, but don’t go nuts. Also I am wondering how long it has been since the last paint job.Furniture is a nuisance for leaving marks Personally I would not clean it anymore  after the morning fresh. I would go back to Bunnings and get some good advice on a low sheen Paint and Prime. Also armed with the measurements of the walls.This is a hard wearing paint easy to use and keep clean. I hope this has helped yours brenda

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects