Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Travertine side table

sammilne
Having an Impact

Travertine side table

20211009_091530.jpgInspiration credit: Geneva Vanderzeil

After I saw Geneva make this super easy DIY travertine side table I knew I had to make one for myself. Growing up my family had a beautiful travertine coffee table so this side table made me nostalgic!

I raced out to my local bunnings to grab the 4 supplies. All you need is 3x travertine pavers (found in the garden section) and 1 tube of Selleys Hold Up glue. The whole project cost me a total of $66 and only took about 15 minutes to make (plus 48 hours to dry)

Firstly I marked out the centre of one paver so everything would be even and then I glued the second paver on to create a T shape. I used a bit of duct tape to hold it in place while it dried just incase it fell over. I then waited overnight for it to dry before placing the top on. Again I measured and marked the pieces so the top was central and balanced, and then simply added some glue and placed the top down. I then had to be patient and wait 48hours to make sure it was fully set before moving it into place! 

Overall this was such a simple and relatively cheap DIY with maximum impact!

20211010_094954.jpg

   

20211009_091523.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Travertine Side Table

Wow, that is gorgeous, @sammilne! You've done a super job.

I trust many of our members will be excited to re-create this project, and with your helpful instructions, I'm sure they'll all be able to achieve the same fantastic result.

Many thanks for sharing, and I look forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects