Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled TV unit

Jane75
Just Starting Out

Upcycled TV unit

1146D5FF-3AEB-4F6F-9726-758546F28191.jpeg

We had been searching for an entertainment unit for ages- we had a particular style in mind but finding the right size proved difficult- until we came across this freebie on marketplace. It was rough with a fair bit of damage and needed a lot of work but we saw the potential and it was perfect! 

We sanded the top to raw and lime waxed it giving a lovely raw coastal finish and  my amazing Husband repaired the shelves that had been attacked by a little puppy! One door was missing but we moved the middle shelf down and added some baskets I bought online which were the perfect fit.

Crosses from timber trim bought from Bunnings were added to the ends for that coastal/farmhouse/hamptons look.

The bottom was painted firstly in zinsser 3 in one to stop any bleed through then sprayed with dulux aqua enamel in the gorgeous snowy mountain half colour. It was finished off with a beautiful aged brass handle that we had left over from our kitchen reno. We’re so pleased with how it turned out. 

7F52E518-C494-45FA-A251-B501E8A6C2E7.jpeg

  

BE7A6F11-BE81-4104-B3F2-D24E091881D9.jpeg

CAE1DFEF-C34B-42C7-BCA8-5BF6FACAC91A.jpeg

6CA642F3-6199-4D71-9A96-95D5FEEEC43D.jpeg

349B115C-339C-4D4A-BAAA-3381AFC48093.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled TV unit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jane75. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this amazing project.

That's some lovely work, and the results you've achieved are stunning. I trust you're delighted with how this project has turned out. The lime-waxed top is sensational and adds so much charm.

Well done restoring this unit and turning it into a wonderfully eye-catching piece. I look forward to seeing what you'll tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects