Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled bedside tables

kacharash4
Cultivating a Following

Upcycled bedside tables

These bedside tables were found on the footpath, missing a few handles and had some slight water damage. I sanded them down with 80 grit sandpaper using a multi tool with sander attachment and a1/3 sheet sander to get the old varnish off. Went back over with 120 grit to finish. Repaired a few dings and split top boards with Earls All Purpose Mul-t-fill, sanding with the 120 grit sandpaper. 2 coats of Zinsser 123 Primer, Stain Blocker and Undercoat, 1 painted with brush then 1 coat with roller and 3 coats of Dulux Aquanamel Dowager Grey. First coat with brush to get into corners etc then 2 coats with roller. One of these is being used as a bedside table (original handles), the other as a mini buffet to store tablecloths, napkins etc in lounge room.(Dorf Drop Round Cross cabinet handles). I already had all of the paint and materials, so total cost was $39.27 for the 3 Dorf handles. 

IMG_20210207_123139.jpg

IMG_20201129_103232~2.jpg

 Before

IMG_20201206_133551.jpg

 During

IMG_20210207_123139.jpg

 Mini Buffet

IMG_20201219_104516.jpg

 Bedside Table

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Upcycled Bedside Tables

It's wonderful to see you giving these bedside tables a second life @kacharash4, and what a beautiful job you've done making them into usable pieces around your home.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your progress as well as materials and costs so that our community members can see how you went about tackling this project. Upcycling projects are popular in our community and I'm sure many will be inspired by this one.

Look forward to seeing more of your handiwork.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Upcycled bedside tables

Hello @kacharash4 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop and thank you for sharing your project with us. That is most certainly an excellent upcycle to what would have ended up in a landfill. The fact that it did not cost you heaps is encouragement enough to our readers out there who possibly are thinking of doing the same thing. Giving furniture a second life is definitely a worth while endeavor and is great for the environment. Looking forward to your next project!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

rubytuesday1953
Having an Impact

Re: Upcycled bedside tables

Well done! I love doing up old wooden furniture.

Very hard to find nice looking wooden stuff, it's nearly all veneer these days

Rob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects