Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled nursery drawers from trash to treasure

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Upcycled nursery drawers from trash to treasure

Upcycled these drawers for our nursery.

79D2C115-F53C-4FD8-B9CF-E8C65D3AF07E.jpeg

831046AC-0242-4166-BC0B-CD54CBD9D24A.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Upcycled nursery drawers from trash to treasure

Hi @Former Workshop member,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is great that you have decided to join and share your upcycled nursery drawers project with us. Indeed, this is a trash to treasure piece. We would love to know more about your process, did you need to sand or prime the dresser first? How did you attach the dowels and handles? Any tips to give the community when they create their own?

Well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Hi Katie,

Yes I sanded the chest to remove old stain and smooth surface as much as possible. Once that was done I applied three coats of Dulux Lexicon. Dowel was cut and attached to drawers using Gorilla Wood Glue. I then applied single coat of Cabot’s Cabothane Clear Matt. My husband drilled holes into drawers and the brass handles were screwed in. Hope this helps anyone wanting to do something similar.

Fantastic stuff @Former Workshop member! 

This is absolutely helpful as I am sure many community members will find your project inspirational and want to try it themselves. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects