Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled table makeover

DesKyrillidis
Growing in Experience

Upcycled table makeover

Hard rubbish pick up. Legs not attached securely and 2 large cracks on the table top. Secured legs and filled cracks. Glued large popsicle sticks to top in a herringbone pattern and filled with white wood filler. Sanded and cut excess off with a dremel cutting disc. Painted in black Porters paint. Sealed x 2 with Cabot's Clear Satin finish.

20220513_074221.jpg

20220513_074240.jpg

20220505_200100.jpg

20220428_120603.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled Table Makeover

That herringbone top looks lovely @DesKyrillidis! The contrast between the light timber top and the black base is spot on.

The use of popsicle sticks is genius. From the finished image, I'd never realise that's what they were.

Many thanks for sharing and great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Upcycled Table Makeover

Thanks Mitch for the words of encouragement. 

If Covid was good for something, it was to bring out the creativeness that was lurking somewhere deep within us to keep us from going insane in lockdown. I wasn't sure it would work as I wasn't able to close the gap on the wood to make it smooth and even but this certainly did work. I love it and it is now my new coffee table. Thanks again!!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects