Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vintage dresser

Claire84
Having an Impact

Vintage dresser

Old vintage dresser I found in the back of my in-laws shed it was passed on to them from a friend and just stored away. The mirror was missing and there was a few repairs that needed to be done but look at it now it’s amazing what you can do to old furniture and save from landfill.

The piece was sanded back to bare wood repairs made to to drawers, painted in black with new gold handles added.

Sander purchased from Bunnings as well as materials for repairs to drawers, and new gold handles Thanks Bunnings 

8254101A-AAF2-4723-8C5C-F570C4A21E8F.jpeg

71A54DDF-C9EC-4EA9-BDF4-A334028FAF01.jpeg

324ACF35-C706-4771-BB7F-964300DC9E42.jpeg

A718EEBC-2B85-45DC-8359-545ACF96B9E2.jpeg

0288FEF2-1524-4555-968F-D60483975AC6.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Vintage dresser

Hi @Claire84,

You have done such a gorgeous job on your dresser upcycle project! I love that you kept the original feet. I noticed in your other upcycle projects you added a lining to the drawers, did you do the same with this one? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @KatieC 

Thankyou for you lovely comment I painted the inside of these drawers and waxed them also 

Claire

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Claire84

That black paint you used is just gorgeous, can you please tell us what brand it is and what was the actual name of the black colour you used? I'm very interested in the wax technique you were mentioning, did you apply this to the outside of the cabinet as well? What wax did you use and did you just use a rag to apply it on? I know these are quite a number of questions, but I'm sure our members would appreciate any extra information you can share about your dresser makeover.

Thank you for sharing your exquisite vintage dresser makeover.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects