Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Walk-in wardrobe transformation

Nicolarose
Growing in Experience

Walk-in wardrobe transformation

My walk in wardrobe was more a small hole in the wall with one shelf! First photo shows before and after. Being a funny size and shape it didn't fit the wardrobe inserts at Bunnings so I got some custom shelves installed and a double rail  and then I added in some panelling for a storage wall using MDF pine moulding from bunnings which I cut to size and then  added using no more nails and then used wood filler to fill any gaps where the wood met and sanded for a smooth even finish. Next caulked the panelling and then had to paint. I got a couple of sample pots of paint from bunnings and couldnt quite decide on the colour so ended up mixing a few pink samples together and finding the colour I wanted. Took this colour on a piece of cardboard to Bunnings and got a  pot made up. Once the panelling was added and primed and painted I added the wallpaper which was tricky to put up around the shelves , didn't have enough for the whole wardrobe so I added a second panel wall using left over wood and put in a DIY shoe rack by using some crown moulding on this panel wall. As finishing touches I added the lampshade and  storage hooks and the space is completely transformed. 

Wallpaper is Polly Fern and the wall hooks are from E Bay. The wood, paint, crown moulding,light shade and other supplies are from Bunnings. 

GridArt_20220429_223757810.jpg

inbound1711907184989050546.jpg

inbound342918174917671233.jpg

20220430_085024.jpg

20220429_153825.jpg

20220414_175054.jpg

20220418_213741_resized.jpg

20220425_103937.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: walk in wardrobe transformation

Hello @Nicolarose

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your wardrobe transformation.

Your former wardrobe was absolutely utilitarian. But now your new wardrobe just oozes with personality, everything you've placed in this room clearly reflects your joyful spirit. I love that you've included short timber dowels to hang clothes on the side wall. Despite adding shelves you've managed to use a lot of the space for wall-hanging clothing. I believe that it's an excellent compromise despite adding the cabinet inside the room. 

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful wardrobe transformation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects