Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall panelling

kingj11
Cultivating a Following

Wall panelling

We attempted our first diy project last week after speaking to the staff at Bunnings we felt confident to give it a go we purchased 3 wall panels they were 1metre in height in hind sight we should have got the 2.8m panels and cut them in half for a bit of extra height. We also purchased some extra strength glue, screws wood putty and picked some paint we went for dulux Paris green matte and finished it off with a Tasmanian oak trim. All in all we are happy with the result and our daughter loves her new room.

16EB9A35-D682-4B2E-8D3B-5B804B037044.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wall panelling

Welcome to the Workshop community @kingj11. many thanks for sharing and we're thrilled to have you join us!

What a fantastic first post and an absolutely gorgeous room for your daughter, I trust it will provide plenty of inspiration to the community.

We look forward to seeing what other projects you have going on around your home and if you need assistance or have something to share, please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Great work @kingj11 - it's a lovely finish!

For the benefit of others (I've installed them plenty of times before) - what advice did Bunnings give regarding installation? There are a few methods out there, so I'm sure people will be curious.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
kingj11
Cultivating a Following

We were told to use the extra strength glue first then we did panel by panel locking them in as we went and nailing them to the wall we both waited 5 min between panels holding it in place so the glue had time to stick a bit, As this was our first project not sure if there is a better way out there but it worked for us for the tassie oak trim we cut it to size and glued it to the wall no nails we held it in place for 10-15 min and it stayed, we are going to try the same in our holiday house so will see if we get the same or better result.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kingj11,

Congratulations on this project, it's been popular with members. Just wanted to let you know that Bunnings is going to feature your handiwork on their Instagram and Facebook accounts this afternoon. I'm sure that your project will inspire a lot of people. 

Well done and we look forward to seeing what you tackle next. Please don't hesitate to post if you ever need a hand with anything or have something new to share with the Workshop community. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KevinMall
Making a Splash

Well done an excellent outcome particularly if your daughter likes it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects