Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's most important in a modern living room?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's most important in a modern living room?

When we set about renovating our home, one of our priorities was to create an open living space that offered plenty of light. 

We had moved from a period home which had a formal lounge that was typical of the era - small and dark. We then moved to a 50s-era home with a family room at the back that had been added in the 70s. It was small and dark. 

100_0116.JPGHPIM2731.JPG

An open plan living room should be a multi-functional space that connects the whole house.

In this new Bunnings video, the team highlights how to transform an outdated living room into a bright, open, contemporary space to relax and entertain.

What is most important to you in a modern living room?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Re: What's most important in a modern living room?

Light and space are crucial. I also really love living spaces that open up straight into the garden our deck for indoor/outdoor entertaining. 

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: What's most important in a modern living room?

Here are some more tips -
1. Establish your budget and work to that figure.
2. Start with a sketch (pencil and paper)
3. The more thought you put into the Design the less others have to.. and the more you will save on design Costs
4. You will need expert Professional Advice on optimising the Design, Engineering and Alternate construction methodology
5. Consider & analyse alternate DIY, DI4Me , DIL8er,etc...:wink:...Just Do It
6. All Decisions should be based on sound Building Information, data and costings.
7. The end result is to optimise the build , lower the costs and speed up the build time
I will also be linking up some useful apps, BIM3D Models with data here & on Google+
Please, Share your projects as it also helps others
Cheers
Chris

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects