Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What screws do I use to connect legs to table top?

PeterEllis49
Just Starting Out

What screws do I use to connect legs to table top?

I have purchased an Inbuilt 25mm melamine table top and a pair of heavy metal legs (refer attached image).  These legs have two pairs of screw holes in the top.  The label on the legs suggests use of 12g screws.

I have browsed screws on Bunnings site and cannot find 12g wood screws of the necessary length (20mm or max of 25mm).

Any recommendations?

table leg.JPG

PeterEllis49_3-1660654183154.pngtable leg.JPG

PeterEllis49_4-1660654183166.png

PeterEllis49_5-1660654183166.png

PeterEllis49_6-1660654183046.png

PeterEllis49_7-1660654182975.png

PeterEllis49_8-1660654183154.png

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: What screws do I use to connect legs to table top.?

Hey @PeterEllis49 I have had a look and Zenith have a have head wood screw 12G x 25mm as per below.

The thickness of the metal should give you enough millimetre buffer not to break through the timber face other wise use a thick mudguard washer found in the same isle.

Screenshot_20220817-072437_Chrome.jpg

I hope that helps some.

Carl

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What screws do I use to connect legs to table top.?

Hello @PeterEllis49

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what screws to use for your tabletop legs.

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @CSParnell. Just to add to the suggestion made, I recommend using washers in case you're worried that the screw will pierce the top of the timber top. The washers will also give the screw head a good fit to the table leg fittings.  

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your table assembled.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: What screws do I use to connect legs to table top?

We used these Zenith Zinc Plated Screws for our table top, worked fantastic. As Eric said, don't forget your Washers, they make everything better. 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects