Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which type of glue to use for fixing the wood panel?

gavin16
Growing in Experience

Which type of glue to use for fixing the wood panel?

gavin16_1-1621474550330.png

Hey team,

which type of glue should I use to glue back the loose wood panel(used to cover the gap between plasterboard & brickwall? i have this glue but is says only wood, not on bricks? Can I use it anyway?

gavin16_2-1621474614426.png

Thanks in advance

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Which type of glue to use for fixing the wood panel?

Hello @gavin16 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop! Selleys Aquadhere is an excellent glue for wood working projects but not for exterior fixings. I suggest using Selleys Liquid Nails. It comes in a small ezy squeeze bottle no gun needed. After applying the glue simply push the timber back in to place. You may put some temporary tape to keep it in place until the glue dries. But once it has set you can take the tape off. 

Cheers 

Red 

Screenshot_2021-05-20-11-48-47-94_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

housetohome
Building a Reputation

Hi @gavin16 

Liquid nails thats what we used for all our trim work which went directly onto brick and no issues!

Cheers

H

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gavin16. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about adhesives.

It's wonderful to see you've already received some help. As @redracer01 and @housetohome have mentioned, liquid nails would be your best choice. You can also use the clear version, which can be a bit more forgiving if you apply too much or things get a bit messy.

I trust you're all sorted now, but please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects