Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Whitewash dining table

belle4
Finding My Feet

Whitewash dining table

I whitewashed my dining table and then gave it a wax to seal it

20220704_142858.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Whitewash dining table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @belle4. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this beautiful project.

That top has come up amazingly well! What sort of whitewash did you use on it, and do you have any before photos? Did you need to sand the existing coating on the timber to apply the wash? I love the effect you've achieved and the dazzling lustre your wax choice has produced.

I'll be looking forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for the Welcome

And thank you for your msg the whitewash was Feast Watson liming white and yes I had to sand it down because it had a clear coat water base varnish that was peeling off🙄 the wax was also Feast Watson kitchen timber wax. I love the new look it brighten up the room so much.

This is a picture of what is looked like my husband built the table himself. 

IMG-20220706-WA0003.jpg

Belle😀

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @belle4

Thank you very much for that extra information about your whitewash dining table project. Your table looks lovely and I'm sure our members will find those extra details very handy.

Good luck!

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@belle4 

Welcome to the community.

Not sure what colour that table was but it certainly looks good in the room now with all the neutral colours and the daisies finish off the table perfectly.

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects