Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

hearth under old heater/ fireplace

newby3377
Just Starting Out

hearth under old heater/ fireplace

We are getting our hardwood floors sanded and polished in march.

Under the old gas heater/ old fire place there has obviously been a tiled hearth in the past,  these tiles have been ripped up to make the flooring even before the carpets were laid. 

When I rip up the carpet what is the best way to cover the ugly concreted gap between the floor boards and the wall where the old tiles would have been? 

1579947998374-556169300.jpg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: hearth under old heater/ fireplace

@newby3377 Welcome to the Workshop Community! Would just a small strip of timber molding cover it?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @newby3377,

Welcome to Workshop. Great to see you make your first post and get a prompt and helpful reply from Mitch. Is the old heater/fireplace staying? 

Feel free to give me a shout whenever you need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans for around the house.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Hello - if the fireplace is staying and if so - do you use it?

Of yes to both - could you make it a feature and re-tile? There are some stunning tiles out there and could save your timber as well. (photo a bit dark so can't see how much concrete is there).

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects