Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

how to build a table for home cinema

Richardc007
Just Starting Out

how to build a table for home cinema

would like what to use timber wise for a table about 1200 wide 180 high 360 depth

to be able to take 16Kg in  weight.

I was thing pine panels

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to build a table for home cinema

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Richardc007. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Pine panels would certainly be an option and we also have a great range of laminated panels which are extremely popular at the moment. There are some really nice table legs which should suit your project. I recently used the hairpin steel legs on my pallet coffee table and think they look fantastic.

You might be interested in viewing these table projects contributed by our members:

You should also find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: D.I.Y. Slatted coffee table

Let me mention some of our keen woodworkers @Poppop, @r23on and @JDE to see if they have any suggestions on suitable timber to use.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: how to build a table for home cinema

As always I suggest a sketch / drawing of your idea and what it may look like. This will change as you get underway. Once you know your idea you can work on the types of materials such as pine, ply or hardwoods and the tools you need to carry out the project. Even a possible photo of a home cinema table etc

for a cheap table the use of pine is the better option however if you a top finish and longer lasting unit I would use a hardwood such as  tas oak but the cost is much more.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects