Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

ANZAC tribute

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

ANZAC tribute

This year I felt that I needed to go to more effort for ANZAC day.

So I’ve enlarged an image I found and using some 12 mm non structural ply 1/4 sheet (1200*60) from Bunnings I drew him out using some old carbon paper I had. ( I should have used treated ply to weather longer but he’s not going to be permanently outside I’ll just pop him out a couple of weeks before maybe more) 

then with my trusty Ryobi jigsaw I freed him from the board. He’s getting a good coat of British Paints 4in1 water based primer sealer undercoat and when dry will get two coats of satin black Splashes enamel (comes in handy tiny tins so I don’t end up with lots hanging around.

will post a picture when he’s finally painted black. I’m planning on screwing a planter stick on the black and have him standing in the garden on duty. 

while doing this I have been thinking of back lighting him with solar leds a great idea my cousin had. To reward her I cut a soldier for her 💜 He triggers fond memories of my late Dad and Mum and a Pop (WW1) I never got to meet

3 ft high approx3 ft high approxReady for undercoat, notice my tale on the can to pour paint out without spilling it all over can.Ready for undercoat, notice my tale on the can to pour paint out without spilling it all over can.First side done time for a coffeeFirst side done time for a coffee

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ANZAC tribute

Hi @Madmoggy

What an awesome idea for ANZAC day. You can have him stand guard a few weeks leading up to the day itself. I'm sure any visitors you have will give it a second look. The LED light is a great idea and allows him to be seen even at night.

Again, thank you for sharing your ANZAC tribute project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Madmoggy
Having an Impact

CC382993-1E11-432B-9896-34E36C9ED220.jpegB0E30E6D-0CB9-4C69-BE53-D5C204BB6C62.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thank you for sharing the finished product @Madmoggy. The poppy completes the look. It will be perfect for Anzac day.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects