Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Advice on fence colour for small backyard

Berry
Cultivating a Following

Advice on fence colour for small backyard

Hello brains trust, I’m looking to paint the old fence of my townhouse’s small backyard and seeking some advice on colour. There are plenty of plants and the colour needs to complement the garden. Dark grey/blue seems very popular and I can see how it makes plants stand out -  I’m just concerned it might look too dark in this small area? Has anyone painted dark (or light) in a small area, and happy to share photos? Thanks

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Advice on fence colour for small backyard

I love the 2nd one , the black colour @EricL 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mich1972 

It must be the traditionalist in me, I prefer the Jarrah as I've seen it in almost every other home. But the Dulux Domino is super modern.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Berry
Cultivating a Following

Update: I went with a grey that has a purple undertone to warm it up, British Paints ‘Cable grey’. Hopefully this is not TOO purple in the sunlight, we’ll see! Here’s a before and after - only one coat so far. Thanks @EricL @mich1972 @Jason @MitchellMc for your suggestions. 

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4484.jpeg

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Far out !!!!!! @Berry  What a massive difference already with just one coat. Looks great. Look at your Lobellia stand out, beautiful 🤩 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Sensational work @Berry, that looks terrific!

Well done and great colour choice. Many thanks for updating us with pictures of the finished project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects