Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alfresco Plus Bbq Module help

sonyaw
Growing in Experience

Alfresco Plus Bbq Module help

ED7E198C-2F68-430D-9AE3-BD86A601D50D.jpeg

This may sound like a dumb question but I recently purchased an Alfresco plus Bbq Module for my Matador Edge Built in BBQ 

This is the one I purchased 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/alfrescoplus-bbq-module-air-frame-895mm-cadet-grey_p0208306

Now I got lucky when I went to do a special order they said there was one they had just built on display as it was a cancelled order so I took that one to save time waiting for it to arrive plus an added bonus it was already built 

now my question is does any one know where I make holes for the gas connection 

the cupboard underneath stores the gas bottle but I can’t see anywhere on how to get the connection through, I’ve googled it and unfortunately it didn’t come with instructions and I’m stumped , I didn’t just want to make a hole in the top incase that’s not where it’s meant to go 

can anyone point me in the right direction

thanks heaps in advance 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Alfresco Plus Bbq Module help

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sonyaw. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a bbq gas hose.

I'm under the impression that most enclosed bbq trolleys and even in-built bbq modules should come with an access port to keep the bottle inside the cabinet. The area I've circled on the image below appears like the access hole for your hose to inside the cabinet. Is that not the hole? I suspect if it is a hole, there is some other reason why you can't use it, or you wouldn't be asking the question. Is your hose on the other side of the BBQ and doesn't reach down the hole? Does the regulator not fit through it? If the regulator doesn't fit through, you need to unscrew the hose from the bbq, pass it up from underneath, and then reattach it. Please do a leak test on the connection once you retighten it.

Keen to know more and help solve the issue for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sonyaw
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell 

thanks for your reply, mine is just a solid piece with no hole or mark to drill a hole, I even just went and checked jncase that piece had been put on upside down but no they are the same on both sides just flat 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What about inside the cabinet on the bottom (where the gas bottle would sit), any hole on the base @sonyaw? I'm just wondering if the piece with the hole could have been interchanged with the bottom of the unit. That might be what you checked, though.

This is quite a mystery, but don't worry, we'll get it sorted. Whether that is returning the item and getting you a new one or providing the holesaw free of charge if you'd like to do this yourself.

I apologise for the inconvenience as I'm sure you are keen to have a BBQ, but if you could allow me until Monday, I'll contact Matador to see if we've missed something. I can't imagine what, though. I'll reach out to you via private message to get additional details about your purchase.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sonyaw,

I'm so pleased to know that we've found a solution to your BBQ trolley issue. Our team is now working towards resolving this issue for all future units. 

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to hearing about and seeing some pictures of your first BBQ.

Mitchell

sonyaw
Growing in Experience

Thanks again for all your help Mitchell, I really appreciate you going out of your way to find a solution for me.

i will post pics once I get a chance to actually do it, Need to wait until this rain all stops first! 

Hello Just wondering what the solution was to this?

I have the same unit ,obviously it isn’t pre drilled and wondering how best to run the gas connection .

straight through the heatproof layer as is pictured in the example unit here or down the back and through the cabinet wall? 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AdamTolhurst. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about assembling the Alfresco Plus BBQ Module.

Due to the many types of BBQs the AlfrescoPlus module can accommodate, you'll need to drill the holes required for your BBQ through the heatproof board. Straight through the heatproof board would be the most direct route for your gas hose, but if the outlet on your BBQ doesn't allow that, then running the hose down the back and through the cabinet wall would be another option.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects