Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any ideas on how to enclose alfresco space?

diyseb
Just Starting Out

Any ideas on how to enclose alfresco space?

Hi there. I am not sure what the best way would be to enclose this space next to our alfresco. Positioning and location of our house cause a lot of rain and wind to blow past this area. The current blinds we have do not do much to prevent water and wind from coming into the alfresco area.

Does anyone have any recommendations do cover this area? This side is facing the street on a corner block

20220825_123958.jpg20220825_124027.jpg20220825_123942.jpg20220825_124138.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Recommendation to enclose alfresco space

Hey @diyseb thanks for posting up the question.

Have you considered installing clear bistro PVC blind on the inside of the shade blinds of what you have there already that way you maintain the existing which looks quite good from the outside.

The beauty about the bistro blind in the hotter months you can roll it up and let the air flow through but then drop them down when required.

It will also let the light through and not make feel dark dingy and closed in.

Hope that helps

Carl

Screenshot_20220928_122328.jpg

Re: Recommendation to enclose alfresco space

Hi @CSParnell. Thanks for the suggestion. I will have a look at those blinds.

I think this can also work if it was attached to posts closer to the fence and with a poly-carbonate roof.

The alfresco is pretty small so we can to use the space as effectively as possible. Would be nice to have the space dedicated to the bbq so we can have a dining table outside. Might have to check with the council if I can build a mini-verandah there.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Recommendation to enclose alfresco space

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @diyseb. It's sensational to have you join us, and great to you've already received some excellent assistance from @CSParnell.

Those BistroBlinds certainly sound like an option. Also, we have a wide range of canopies that you could consider. A mini-verandah would be a neat idea; you'll need to let us know what the council says.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects