Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Are any outdoor smart plugs available?

Razor20
Getting Established

Are any outdoor smart plugs available?

My interest is to find suitable outdoor smart plug such as Kasa KP400 which i cannot find as being available in Australia.

I already am using Kasa smart plugs inside and the preference is to stay on the same app.

Is the Kasa outdoor plug likely to become available from Bunnings in the near future.

Thank You,

Razor20

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor smart plugs

Hello @Razor20 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Kasa KP400.

Allow me to make some inquiries regarding this product. As soon as I have more information about it, I'll get back to you.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Are any outdoor smart plugs available?

Hello @Razor20 

Thank you for your patience, I've done a thorough investigation regarding the KP400, I'm sorry but Bunnings currently doesn't stock the KP400, but I've passed on your feedback to the merchandise team. Although it is a TP Link product, It looks like it is not rated for use in Australia.

However, a good alternative to the KP400 is the Arlec Grid Connect Smart IP44 Heavy Duty Timer. It is rated for outside use and can connect to your Wi-Fi, I understand that you are using the KASA system, but you can use Google Assist to link the plug to the KASA system allowing you to control it from a single hub.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Razor20
Getting Established

Thank you Eric for your reply and good news. 
I shall go ahead and instal an Arlec switch. Appreciate the help in the posts. 
Regards Ray

Razor20
Getting Established

Hi Eric,

I have now installed the Arlec IP44 time and it is working fine. Not as easy to program as a Kasa timer though it was worth the patience to get it connected and working. For interest i have also bought a number on Tapo timers P100 and P110 type for internal use. They are easy to program and very user friendly.

Cheers, Ray

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for updating us on your project Ray (@Razor20), and for the feedback.

Please shout out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home or garden; we're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects