Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlec sensor floodlight not working

ElleH
Growing in Experience

Arlec sensor floodlight not working

Hi everyone I just put my Arlec solar sensor floodlight up and it’s not working. My friend whom helped me took a lead but also lost the instructions and light has been up 2 days but is not working yet. Any hints - maybe it’s simple too like is there a battery protector that needs to be removed before it can charge? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Arlec sensor floodlight not working

Hi @ElleH,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiring ideas from our wonderful community members.

Let me tag resourceful members @CSParnell and @MikeTNZ for you to see if they might like to kick off this discussion. 

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi @ElleH welcome to Workshop, usually with any form of solar lights there is a little switch to turn them on this is on top of the battery plastic being slid out because when they are in the shop as you can imagine without the 2 isolation methods we would have lights on everywhere. 

You should be able to get the instructions from arlec website if not you can email them and they are very responsive as they are based in Melbourne and should be able to provide you with instructions or additional information.

Failing that and still no joy simply return the product to your Bunnings store with your receipt and they will assist you further.

Carl

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec Sensor Floodlight not working

Hello @ElleH

Thank you for sharing your question about the solar flood lights. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the solar light itself? This will help us identify the model you are using, generally, most solar assemblies need at least 48 hours of charging before it settles into its regular working cycle. If your unit has an on/off switch, I suggest turning the switch to its "on" position and letting the unit charge continuously. I suggest placing the lumen and sensitivity settings in the middle along with the timer function. 

Once we see what solar unit you have, we can then make more recommendations regarding its functions. 

We look forward to seeing pictures of your solar flood light.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ElleH
Growing in Experience

Re: Arlec Sensor Floodlight not working

image.jpgThanks for pointers and did set the mid - range for timer etc when installing the light. I will double check the on/off switch on weekend when I am home in daylight hours. Much appreciate your response. 
kind regards 

Elle 

ElleH
Growing in Experience

Thanks Carl & I need to check the batteries are ready to charge with plastic removed as My friend did take over on these steps so wondering if that is the issue. Will hopefully have time after work to check tomorrow. 
much appreciated 

Elle 

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@ElleH I will try to have a look at this one tomorrow on my shift and even photo the instructions for you.

ElleH
Growing in Experience

Would really appreciate a photo of instructions CSParnell

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

My deepest apologies @ElleH I didn't even make it into my department today to be able to have a look at one of these for you I was pulled in other directions. I will be back in electrical on Monday and will have a look then.

Carl

ElleH
Growing in Experience

Thanks Carl. I took down light and sensor today and was able to turn it on with switch so it’s charging!! Yes that’s good. I have shifted the sensor a bit as perhaps it’s not activating? Keep searching … will see at sunset tonight if it comes on 🤞

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects