Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ cocktail trolley

GeoffB
Having an Impact

BBQ cocktail trolley

This is a photo of a cocktail trolley I made for some friends. This one is made of recycled treated pine for the frame and recycled Baltic pine for the slats. This one is stained Jarrah and has a gloss finish. I also made another on for some else and they stained it themselves using Merbau stain to match their deck. The trolley also has a wine bottle rack on the end and a rack to hols stemmed glasses under the top.

IMG_1475.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: BBQ Cocktail Trolley

That looks like a very functional unit you've created there @GeoffB, and I'd imagine it very practical when having guests over. Did you add wheels to the bottom so it can move around? The addition of the glass rack was a nice touch as well.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EdwardW
Having an Impact

Re: BBQ cocktail trolley

Very nice!!! Great work!

GeoffB
Having an Impact

The trolley does have two wheels on the front legs, you can just see one at the bottom left hand corner of the photo.

The wheel is mounted on the inside face of the leg.

Thank you for the nice comment.

Geoff.

micsul
Growing in Experience

Hello Geoff
Quite intrigued by this build and would like to attempt to make something similar.
Did you or have you any plans l may be able to get hold of or was it something you "just knocked up"?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @micsul,

Let me mention @GeoffB, so they are alerted to your question. Hopefully, he might be able to point you in the right direction if plans were used.

You might also be interested in this BBQ workbench that @DesRigby put together.

Mitchell

GeoffB
Having an Impact

pat7010a-dim.jpgpat7010a-room-main.jpg

Good morning @micsul,

I used a couple of photos I found online to design the three trollies I made.

Please find the attached copies of the photos i used and the cut list i made.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Geoff.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @GeoffB,

Many thanks for the additional images. Did you say that there was a cut list that you had kindly put together? I'm sure @micsul would find that very useful.

Mitchell

Hi,

The cut list is an Excel file.

I have tried to attaché it in excel and PDF formats but the Bunnings site does not support formats.

I will have to print it out and try to save it as a jpeg file then i can send it to you.

Hi,

Please find the attached cut list in jpeg format, let me know if it is ok.

Geoff.Cut listCut list

I other versions of the trolley I made the wheels a bit larger and deleted the removable tray sections and made the top beck a single layer the sabe as the bottom deck.IMG_1475.JPG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects