Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ transformation using spray paint

moniquecole1990
Cultivating a Following

BBQ transformation using spray paint

The most glam BBQ glow up😍 All details below👇

DBDA13A1-BAEB-4C36-9C26-A2AEAB8DAC21.jpeg

D935B860-74D8-43C9-A6E0-B8D5C71F69D8.jpeg

‼️ FIRST THINGS FIRST: You’ve gotta spend time prepping your surfaces. Remove knobs and handles. Clean BBQ with hot soapy water (with a degreaser) and steel/wire brush any excess rust off your surfaces. Hose it down and let it dry. Then wipe it down with some mineral turps on a micro fibre cloth and allow to dry again. Cover the areas you want to protect from over spray.

🎨 THE PAINT: White Knight High Temp Self-Priming Heat Resistant Spray Paint (colour: Pot Belly Black).

👉 THE DETAILS: Gold Spray Paint (whatever self-priming one you like). Only apply to parts not exposed to heat.

The project cost me less than $100 and the results were outstanding!

The perfect way to add luxe to your home for a small price tag!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tranforming your BBQ

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @moniquecole1990. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful project.

I must say, this is the first time I've seen a BBQ glow-up, and I LOVE it! What a fantastic way to add some pizzazz to something most would typically consider just a functional item. I really envy your creativity.

This would make a fantastic entry into Australia's best D.I.Y. project 2022. Would you like me to enter it for you?

Well done, and I look forward to hearing more about all your projects around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes - Please enter me! That would be great! I love everything DIY and this was just another thing I saw some potential in. For me, DIY is an opportunity not only to practice and learn new skills, but also to salvage something that otherwise would have ended up in landfill. I’m glad I could give our BBQ a new lease on life and save us some money in the long run!

That's wonderful to hear, @moniquecole1990. I've entered you in the competition. Good luck!

Mitchell

Hollybe
Getting Established

Re: BBQ transformation using spray paint

This looks amazing @moniquecole1990! We just got a free Matador BBQ on our local buy nothing group. No one else wanted it cos it has a little rust but I thought it had potential! Now we are going to clean it up and spray paint it, thanks for sharing this post! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: BBQ transformation using spray paint

Sounds fantastic @Hollybe. I'm sure your BBQ will come up a treat! 

Make sure you take plenty of images along the way, and please start a discussion and share the finished project when you are done. If you have any questions along the way, I'm sure @moniquecole1990 and our helpful members will be happy to assist.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects