Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard eko decking

vipulgoswami
Growing in Experience

Backyard eko decking

15896093419606476769171930020867.jpg

1589609360120340027270339334505.jpg

 its 4 mtr flat concrete and 4  mtr or nearly flat soil floor

Hi Guys, I don't have much knowledge about decking and without much handiman knowledge. I wants to build a eko deck in my alfresco and backyard, with the width 4.3 mtr and length 7.5 mtr, my question is is it easy to build deck by buying decking kit from Bunnings?

Re: Backyard eko decking

Hi @MitchellMc Did you get a chance to call good times company for site specific cut of ekodeck kit?

Regards,

Vipul Goswami

Hi @vipulgoswami. Sorry for the delay, I have been awaiting details.                               

You have two options with their frames – to use their modular frames (1116x1116) and panels or to get custom frames (945x945) and lay long lengths.

Their modules are one size only and are compatible with their decking panels. This makes the whole process super easy. For their DIY frames, they have a Decking planner available for you to design the area.  

The DIY frames option does not come with fixings, but the designer will tell you the required amount.

The other option is to use their trade frames which are custom to the exact size you require, however are not compatible with their panels and you need to use long lengths. Here is the Deck planner for the trade frames.

When using their deck planners – all you need to do is click ‘show estimate’ and it will tell you everything that you require. If you then ‘Save to email’, it will send this estimate straight to your email

If you require further information or had questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you

HI @MitchellMc 

I hope you are doing well, just curious did u get any response from good times decking?

Another question I have is regarding decking kit, the kit says 3.48 x 3.48 m times 9, so that means 9 of pre assembled boards of that size right?

Regards,

Vipul Goswami

Hi Vipul (@vipulgoswami),

Sorry for not explaining further, the decking planners were supplied from Good Times as a response to your question of do they make custom-sized decks. Yes, they do make custom-sized decks and the D.I.Y. Decking planner is what you use to create them.

The closest to your size of 5m x 7.5m without going over that size would be-

If you would like to build the deck to your exact measurement 5m x 7.5m you will need to use the trade Deck planner. As you can see from the image below the premade deck modules do not fit exactly in that space and you would need to cut them down to suit.

A decking kit that is 3.48m x 3.48m includes 9 preassembled decking modules of dimensions 1.116m x 1.116m.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects