Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

Hello @lmad5188

Thank you for sharing that question about patching your Colorbond fence.

You can use small nuts and bolts spray painted in the same colour as the Colorbond to make it blend in with the fence. You could use sticky dots of the same colour as the fence. Other forms of repair will require you to use putty and sanding. However, that form of repair will make it more noticeable.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
HelgaDaisy
New Contributor

Thank you - Just used your instructions and links to do exactly the same thing!

@MitchellMcany tips for attaching the capping? (https://www.bunnings.com.au/lattice-makers-900-x-80mm-black-bamboo-screen-capping_p3041183)fence.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @HelgaDaisy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your bamboo fence project.

My colleague @MitchellMc is currently on a much-deserved parental leave. It's great that the instructions and guides helped you to put up your own fence. To put the capping on I recommend drilling into the corner of the bamboo cap and the top of the fence. Once you have the fence cap in the position you want it in you can use Whites 1.25mm x 30m Galvanised Tie Wire.

I suggest threading the wire through the cap and into the hole you made on the fence. Once threaded you simply twist the wire to hold the cap in place. I recommend not to over twist the wire so that you can hide it under the bamboo cap.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
HelgaDaisy
New Contributor

Thanks @EricL I’ll give it a go 👍🏼

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects