Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Build a modular cheap deck on an uneven concrete pavers

AliSanderson
Just Starting Out

Build a modular cheap deck on an uneven concrete pavers

HIi there,

Sorry about the rough photos.

I live in a rental property and want to build a cheap easy deck over this concrete area as it is so hard to sit and set up. I can't concrete over it as it is a drainage area. How can I do this flatpack style? Would I use these?  https://www.bunnings.com.au/builders-edge-pedestal-foot-bigfoot-xl-70-170mm_p2450075!

Could I use a foot that I can adjust to make the foundation level and then just use the Good times frame modules and then some cheap timber over for the deck? I'd love it to just be a click in style thing? I am a total novice so would love easy application. Thanks so much and please advice what I could buy, on a budget. Ali  IMG_3769.JPGIMG_3770.JPGIMG_3771.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Build a modular cheap deck on an uneven concrete pavers

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AliSanderson. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The Good Times modular decking system does include pre-cut frames for your deck. They are easy to assemble and install with the provided feet. It would save some cost only using the frames and then standard decking over the top.

It does appear to be a significant slope coming off the yard where the concrete meets the house. If you were to run a horizontal line from the highest point of the concreted area to the house's wall, where would it be? I'm not overly confident a flat deck could be built over this area unless it was raised substantially to accommodate the slope.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects