Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Build pull up bar and parallel bars

fabrizio1990
Finding My Feet

Build pull up bar and parallel bars

Hey everyone I'm based in Fremantle and I wanted to build a free standing pull up bar and parallel bars

Screenshot_20210218-153346_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210219-151142_Facebook.jpg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: pull up bar and parallel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fabrizio1990. We're excited to have you join us.

To get you started, you might be interested in these projects:

I'm sure you'll get some suggestions from our clever and creative community members. @redracer01 and @MitchellMc might have some suggestions for you. We can't wait to see your project come to life.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @fabrizio1990,

For someone skilled at welding, these would be relatively easy projects to construct. Unfortunately, I do not fit into that category, so I've attempted to render an option in timber. If you did want to start your journey into the world of welding, an Ozito 90A Gasless MIG Welder would be a great place to start.

You could make the frame from Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm, and considerable bracing would need to be used on the pull-up bar for it to become rigid. We also have a range of galvanised pipe which should be adequate for the crossbar. 

The timber can be bolted or screwed together, and you should find Pryda nailing plates useful as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell 

How should I proceed?

Just pop in one of the store and show your message to someone to help me with materials?

Before you head into a store, I would advise spending some time on a plan @fabrizio1990. You'll need to work out these bars' heights and what lengths of timber you need to create the frames. Once you have worked that out, it would be worth having a chat with a helpful team member in-store about your project and then having them cut the timber to the appropriate lengths.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects