Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I build a cabinet at Bunnings?

AadityaGG
Getting Established

Can I build a cabinet at Bunnings?

I want to purchase a timber sheet of 8mm thickness and build a four feet by 1 feet car trunk cabinet for camping.

Is it possible to build it at Bunning's itself as i donot have any workshop or work area at my place.

Thanks.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Can I build a cabinet at Bunnings?

Good afternoon @AadityaGG 

hahahahaha Sad to say the answer is Noooooooo It would be beautiful but man the logistics! I know Bunnings could cut the piece up and then you could put it together at home. But build area I havnt seen one yet.

My dream one day is to actually rent a warhouse and divide it up into workshop sized areas. I would maintain the tidenees and enforce the rules as the people I know are bower birds to the tenth degree. But the build community is huge!  If I won the lotto Id start something like that for sure!

That said, my cheeky response just made me think of a mens shed in your area, have a look around and you could possibly find one and they would also be able to help out with tools and advice.

Btw I dont have a workshop, I usually build whatever it is outside to a point then finish it inside. One day I will build myself one but for now my laundry holds my tools :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @AadityaGG 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about building a cabinet.

It's great that you've received excellent ideas from @Dave-1. He's spot on regarding the cutting of the panels at the store, I'm sorry but there is no space for you to assemble it at the store. If you have a garage, I suggest leaving the car outside for a few hours while you use that space to assemble your cabinet. Another option is doing it at your local Men's Shed the only other locations I can think of would be a friend or relatives garage space or driveway.

My best suggestion would be to plan your cabinet assembly step-by-step with all the tools and materials that you'll need. In this manner you can quickly put it together without spending too much time pondering on the assembly process.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know,

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AadityaGG
Getting Established

Thanks @Dave-1 for your response.

I will check out the local menshed.

cheers 👍

AadityaGG
Getting Established

Thanks @EricL for your reaponse.

cheers :smile:

Sorry we couldn't assist more @AadityaGG, but feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project.  

Welcome to the community. We're looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects