Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I buy 48 panels of modular decking?

Zog
Growing in Experience

Can I buy 48 panels of modular decking?

Hi, I'm going to build a low level deck and due to my lack of experience I think a modular decking kit is the best option. the area of the deck would require 48 modular panels, the biggest that is listed is 24 panels. Will Bunnings make up a 48 panel kit for me? If so, who would I contact ?

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Modular decking

Hi @Zog 

That modular decking you are looking at is a specal order item at all bunnings stores talk to the staff there and bring  in  a plan will help you discuss your needs to get exactly what you want.

:smile:  Enjoy your projects. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Zog,

I'd suggest you first use the Good Times planner to determine what you'll need. You can place a custom order for 48 panels, that's no issue; those 24 panel kits are just what they have available if you don't have a specific plan. As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, just take your design and estimate with you to the Special Order team at your closest Bunnings store, and they'll be able to place your order.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Zog
Growing in Experience

Thanks 

Zog
Growing in Experience

Thanks, where is the special order team, are they at the returns counter ?

Hi @Zog By  all means  talk to the staff at the returns  counter they will be able to assist you directly or guide you the  the special orders staff. :0)

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Zog,

The team at the returns counter will certainly be able to point you in the right direction. Or, the helpful team member on meet and greet will provide directions. You'll typically find the Special Order team at a bright blue desk in the middle of the store.

Mitchell

Zog
Growing in Experience

MitchellMC

I went to Bunnings and asked about where to order Modular decking and no-one knew anything. I even had to explain what I meant by modular decking. No-one that I spoke to was familiar with a "special orders" section. I went to the returns counter who sent me to the trades counter who had to look it up on the computer because they knew nothing about it. I'm not aware of a bright blue desk at the local Bunnings. The only desk in what I would call the middle is the paint desk. Is the special orders in the kitchens and renovations section ? Is there a "special orders team" at every Bunnings? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I do apologise for the inconvenience @Zog. Could you please let me know the store you visited so I can contact them and find out whether they have a Special Orders desk? 

Mitchell

Zog
Growing in Experience

Springfield Central (QLD) 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects