Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I buy 48 panels of modular decking?

Zog
Growing in Experience

Can I buy 48 panels of modular decking?

Hi, I'm going to build a low level deck and due to my lack of experience I think a modular decking kit is the best option. the area of the deck would require 48 modular panels, the biggest that is listed is 24 panels. Will Bunnings make up a 48 panel kit for me? If so, who would I contact ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Modular decking

Hi @Zog,

I've contacted the team at Bunnings Springfield Central, and the team appears to be familiar with the location of their Special Orders desk. You're correct that it's the same desk that deals with kitchen renovations in the kitchen section.

I would suggest heading straight to the Service desk at the front of the store. If they are not able to direct you to the Special Orders desk, please ask to speak to a manager and I trust they'll be able to.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Zog
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell, No-one that I spoke to yesterday had ever heard of it. Maybe some of the staff need a familiarisation from time to time.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I've already passed that feedback on to the team @Zog, and again, I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Mitchell

Zog
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell,

I went back this morning and went to the special orders desk, unfortunately, the special orders team said the modular decking is not their department and sent me to the trades desk where I went yesterday. The staff at the trades desk was helpful - they got on the Good Times decking website to help me figure out what fasteners I need (I bought one frame and 2 merbau panels yesterday to help me plan out the full deck) but don't actually have any knowledge about the modular decking. The whole experience was like a detective whodunnit.

While I realise that processes don't always go the way they should, it would appear that no-one at this Bunnings knows anything about the modular decking.

Considering that by my rough calculations, I will need a custom 48 panel kit for around $20,000, the idea of ordering from (this) Bunnings is not making me feel confident. I might see if I can order directly from Good Times.

This is not a complaint, just think of it as feedback.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm so sorry @Zog.

I'm just contacting the store now to get this sorted for you. I'll reach out via private message to obtain your contact details, and I'll have a manager phone you to ensure that these issues you've experienced do not continue.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Zog,

Many thanks for your patience.

Ryan, one of the managers from Bunnings Springfield Central, will contact you shortly to ensure this process is smooth from now on.

Please let me know if you need any advice on the products; I'd be happy to take care of that on my end. I'm looking forward to you having an amazing deck, and we'll do anything we can to assist.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects