Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can't remove Ryobi pressure cleaner washer deck and pavement wand and machine won't turn on now.

Jean1
Just Starting Out

Can't remove Ryobi pressure cleaner washer deck and pavement wand and machine won't turn on now.

Hi everyone,

My pressure cleaner was working fine with the original wand and then I attached the deck/pavement wand. The machine won't turn on now and I can't get the the attachment off to see if that has somehow shut it down. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jean

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can't remove Ryobi pressure cleaner washer deck and pavement wand and machine won't turn on now.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jean1. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for the question about your Ryobi pressure cleaner.

If the machine is not powering on, I don't believe that would have anything to do with the head attachment. I'd troubleshoot that separately. Plug the machine's cord directly into a powerpoint instead of using an extension cord. Check to make sure that powerpoint is operating correctly with another electrical appliance. If you are familiar with your house's circuit board, check that the fuse is not tripped. 

If you can provide the model number of your machine, I can check the instruction manual to try and assist with removing the head.

Failing to be able to assist here, I'll contact Ryobi after the long weekend for further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can't remove Ryobi pressure cleaner washer deck and pavement wand and machine won't turn on now.

Thank you Mitchell,

I found some advice about removing the wand (lubricating it) and we were able to remove it and replace the regular wand. The machine then worked fine :smile:

Thanks so much for your reply just the same.

Jean

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's fantastic to hear @Jean1! Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have a project to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects