Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you anchor deck posts onto pavers?

Anglea
Just Starting Out

Can you anchor deck posts onto pavers?

hi there,

thank you for your advice first. I am planning to build a freestanding deck 4.8m X 3m on the existing pavers. I am going to anchor the posts directly onto pavers. Is it ok? If the tuffblocks are ok, I thought it would be ok as well. Pls advise.

many thanks,

Angela

Anglea
Just Starting Out

floating deck

In addition to my previous post, the deck is 80cm above the ground. Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: deck footing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Anglea. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a deck to pavers.

Typically, posts would be anchored to concrete, and if pavers were present, they were removed at the post location, and concrete footers were created in the soil. 

Tuffblocks are their own system tested with recommended installation instructions. Given that pavers are not typically used as a fixing location, I cannot provide specific advice or answer your question about whether it is okay. Certainly, using the Tuffblocks over the pavers would comply with their installation instructions.

Since this is outside the realm of a low-level deck, I recommend contacting your local council for advice on compliance in your area first.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects