Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you cut Matrix fence extensions?

Wattsie
Just Starting Out

Can you cut Matrix fence extensions?

I want to use your decorative Matrix Fence extensions to give us some privacy however I can only see 2 sizes 1800 and 2400-2410 lengths. My Colorbond  fence panels are only 2370 long, can I cut them down and if I did how would it effect the side strength and what could I do to fix that.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you cut Matrix fence extensions?

Hello @Wattsie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Matrix fence extensions.

If you are referring to the Matrix 2400 x 600mm Charcoal Rainforest Fence Extension, there should be no issue in cutting down the sides. The fence extension comes with a steel frame and is technically holding the Matrix panel in place. So it is perfectly alright to trim the fence panel to the size that you need. 

Here is a handy step-by-step video:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for sharing the help. I am new here and excited to be the part of this community

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @larson

I'm glad my recommendations helped, if you are about to begin your own project and need assistance or information, please don't hesitate to ask. Our members will be more than happy to help.

We look forward to seeing your D.I.Y. project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects