Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you lay tiles over pebblecrete pool coping?

rochester
Growing in Experience

Can you lay tiles over pebblecrete pool coping?

Hi all. 

I’ve got a pool that has pebblecrete around the outside as coping. I was thinking about installing travertine coping tiles on top of the pebblecrete - it looks in good condition, no cracks or sign of damage - I had a tradesperson in recently to do work on pavers elsewhere on the property, he says they should be fine going straight on top of them. 

I’m hoping to get an idea of what adhesive to use to secure the new tiles on top of the pebblecrete. The current coping is a bit all over the place so it’s likely that I’ll have to level it off first - I've attached an image of the coping. 

Thanks!

B178811F-6CFB-4E82-8A75-9A01DD421893.png

rochester
Growing in Experience

Re: Pebblecrete pool coping

Had a few friends over to help. One of them had experience in this sort of thing so that was very helpful! 

Nixx
Just Starting Out

Hi @rochester

Wow looks great! We have similar, what did you do where the pavers were? Did you lay over the top or pull them out and lay concrete there first? 
Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nixx. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Hopefully, @rochester can answer your question, but if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to start your own discussion so our helpful members can provide advice. We're keen to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rochester
Growing in Experience

Hey @Nixx 

We removed the old pavers and laid the new ones on compacted road base with a mortar bed. The old pavers were just laid on a bed of sand and mud - surprised they didn’t shift more as what they had over the years! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects