Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use Carinya folding brackets at different angles?

Jeebster77
Just Starting Out

Can you use Carinya folding brackets at different angles?

Can these be used in this half down state or do they have to be fully up.

Want to use 3 of them to hold up a frame over a caravan window
kind of like this 

Jeebster77_0-1631943131325.png

fully up they won’t stop enough rain getting in which is why half up would be the ideal angle

B60A8FC9-48C8-4A5D-A357-62DDC1A08DD3.png

LJY
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: carinya folding brackets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jeebster77. It's great to have you on board, and many thanks for your question about folding brackets.

Unfortunately, the only locking position for the bracket is when the arm is 90 degrees to the mount. The lock is located at the end of the slide section and is disengaged by the little arm.

The only way I can see this working would be if you could lock it somehow in the required position. If you were particularly handy, you could drill out the rivet holding the locking mechanism in place and move it to the required position. I've marked the rivet and the new location with red arrows. Alternatively, if you didn't need the quick release option, you could place a bolt and wing nut through the slide track to stop the bracket from collapsing. I've marked this with a blue arrow.

Have you considered gas struts as another option? They would allow you to have the awning closed fully or at the correct angle for rain deflection. If placed above the awning, they would allow the angle for the rain and a position that is near horizontal for viewing purposes. You might need to incorporate a length of chain to counteract the struts force and lock it in selected positions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you use Carinya folding brackets at different angles?

I apologise, @Jeebster77. I mistakenly didn't attach the intended image. I hope this makes more sense now.

Mitchell 

bracket.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects