Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use Merbau decking boards for facia on a gazebo?

CR1
Finding My Feet

Can you use Merbau decking boards for facia on a gazebo?

Can I use merbau decking 140x19 for facia boards on a small timber gazebo and is the FJ decking rough on the underside as I need smooth booth sides thanks

If not do you have merbau boards for facia also need 70x32 for rafters in merbau is this available 

IMG20211001165815.jpg

IMG20211001170011.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: merbau decking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @CR1. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Merbau decking.

The 140x19mm Merbau decking would suit an aesthetical facia board or trim piece on a gazebo. The FJ Merbau decking is smooth on both sides. 

70x32mm is not a common size and isn't available in Merbau. You might need to look at staining Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 70 x 35mm in a Merbau colour.

We look forward to hearing more about your gazebo project. Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @CR1, and please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects