Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coastal whitewash feature wall

selva
Having an Impact

Coastal whitewash feature wall

I bought the coolest rattan hanging chair in Bunnings a while back and hung it in my verandah but it was just missing that cool coastal boho vibes so I decided to change the brick colour and texture and make a feature of it. I started with some leftover  off white cement that I mixed and used to soften the brick texture then I used dulux weather shield in vivid white to paint and rub off and give that whitewash effect. I styled that little corner  with plantation shutters I got for free and of course plants and rattan planters from Bunnings! 

06E2750F-8F80-4BDF-9C18-26E000E66DE6.jpeg

80A2CE92-2AEC-4E69-A498-7A2BAB3629DC.jpeg

  

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: coastal whitewash feature wall #DIY july

Hi @selva you have been busy another fabulous job you have done. The wall looks fantastic and the shutters make such a difference and that chair is just the cherry on top.

Such a fantastic job well done.

Carl

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Coastal whitewash feature wall

Hello @selva

Thank you so much for sharing your coastal whitewash feature wall project. Using white cement to soft render the face of the brick is a clever idea. That change in colour transforms the look and feel of the area and combined with the other rattan items you used it definitely brings the look together. I'm sure you'll feel that coastal vibe whenever you sit and hang out in that area.   

Again, thank you for sharing your coastal whitewash feature wall project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
selva
Having an Impact

Re: Coastal whitewash feature wall

Thanks so much!! The best part is that it’s brought so much light j to the space that I’ve even noticed it inside the house as the light bounces right through! I’m now trying to finish painting the roof beams and columns so it’ll be ready for spring so not such an inviting space at the moment ! Haha! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects