Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cutting a concrete path - tool to use?

sabik
Finding My Feet

Cutting a concrete path - tool to use?

I want to cut a concrete garden path to turn part of it into a garden bed.

I'm assuming that the Kango 350m diamond blade would be a reasonable one to use. What would be the corresponding tool to drive it, please? None of the angle grinders or circular saws seem to be this large?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cutting a concrete path - tool to use?

Hello @sabik

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about cutting a concrete path.

The Kango 350mm Segmented Diamond Blade is actually used on large concrete cutting machines. Here is an example of a tool that will drive it: For Hire: Coates Demolition Saw. In this instance, I would recommend just renting the tool if you are not using it on a large number of projects. If you are planning your own garden, please make sure to keep us updated. I'm sure our members would love to see your project.

We look forward to seeing the start of your garden.

Eric   

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sabik
Finding My Feet

Thanks, I never would have found that!

Do you know if there's a tool that would have the blade offset to one side? I want to cut parallel to a fence, and this looks quite wide in the photos, with the blade in the centre...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sabik

The concrete cutter is actually offset, you may have to go in the other direction to use the narrow side of the cutter facing your fence. However, if you wish to get even closer you may have to hire a different type of concrete cutter for example Concrete Saw - 450MM

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sabik
Finding My Feet

That may be a bit over the top :smile:

If it's offset, I guess I'll cut what I can with the hand-held concrete saw, then if needed I can finish it off with the angle grinder with a smaller blade

Thank you for the help!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects