Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. outdoor serving bench

sarayoussef
Growing in Experience

D.I.Y. outdoor serving bench

F70E1868-A04A-493F-8DEB-6BC077EA7340.jpeg

C71A9C4D-B727-4B5A-8671-62A3542B4EA7.jpeg

Using a generous SpecRite Merbau Panel & some brackets from Bunnings we were able to create a serving bench outside of our kitchen window to make use of for upcoming Summer breakfasts and afternoon snacks for the kids. We also added some Rattan stools which we snatched for $50/ea also from Bunnings and Of course the addition of potted flowers from the nursery section. 

It added so much character to our patio! 

feel free to check out my Instagram: www.instagram.com/sara_why for more inspo. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Outdoor Makeshift Serving Bench

Hello @sarayoussef

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your lovely outdoor serving bench.

It looks very handy if you are passing refreshments from inside. It's great that you've found the SpecRite Merbau Panels an excellent way to create that serving bench. How long did it take you to install it? Did you put any sealer or coating on the panel? Any tips or advice you can give about building your project would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing. We look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sarayoussef
Growing in Experience

Re: DIY Outdoor Makeshift Serving Bench

Hey Eric! Yes that’s the idea, we cannot wait to transform our window into a pop up serving window however we’re just currently trying to figure out a solution for handling the insect situation with no flyscreen! 

As for the bench it took my husband & I less than half an hour to completely install and we gave it a coat of outdoor decking stain which was advised by a member in the paint department. 

we cannot wait to begin our next Bunnings inspired home project! 

CR1
Finding My Feet

Re: D.I.Y. outdoor serving bench

Simple but looks great 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects