Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dart board cabinet

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Dart board cabinet

Dart Board Cabinet 2.jpg

Dart Board Cabinet 1.jpg
I caught up with an old workmate on News Year Eve, I hadn't seen him for a few years with lifes distractions.
I showed him some pics on my phone of some of my woodwork and CNC projects and he asked if I could make a Sons of Anarchy Dart Board Cabinet, a couple of months has passed so I thought I better get stuck into it.
Dart Board Cabinet 9.jpg

Dart Board Cabinet 8.jpg
I had some single bed headboards that I picked up cheap from auction and the slats were the ideal width for the Cabinet enclosure.
Dart Board Cabinet 5.jpg
I trimmed to size on the table saw then using a Dado Blade stack cut in a rebate for the 5mm mdf backing board and a basic locking joint for the sides and top & bottom.
Dart Board Cabinet 6.jpg
I had some cork tiles laying around and trimmed them to size so that 4 covered the back board.
Dart Board Cabinet 3.jpg
I searched Google and found a suitable image for the front door, I copied it into the CNC software program then manipulated the size to suit. It does a rough cutout of the bulk using a 3mm straight bit then I change the Router Bit to a 90 degree engraving bit for the detailed work.
Dart Board Cabinet 4.jpg

Dart Board Cabinet 7.jpg
I was unsure whether to paint the carved letters and design black or just clear coat the whole thing, not being overly masterful with a paint brush I decided on the latter.
Dart Board Cabinet 10.jpg

Then it was just a matter of finishing everything off, I cut some white Aluminum Composite to use as a white board score card and made a small shelf under it for the white board markers, I added a small piece of board at the bottom of the cabinet to create a tray area for darts and accessories, I used some brass piano hinge to hang the door then added a magnet closer and a brass pull knob (not shown) Several coats of Minwax wipe-on Poly and the project was finished.
Dart Board Cabinet 2.jpg
It was an enjoyable project made more enjoyable by the fact that I had all the materials on hand, the only expenditure was $3.95 for the dart board mounting bracket and spacers.

Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dart Board Cabinet

Thanks for sharing @Wayne. Great project! I'm sure your mate loves what you have created for him.

What else have you got on your list of things to do?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects