Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does anyone sell wooden fence gates 180 cm high by 100 cm wide?

Rav4gottogo
Just Starting Out

Does anyone sell wooden fence gates 180 cm high by 100 cm wide?

My gate opening is 120 and the fence height is 180 cm. I've looked at Bunnings and elsewhere and no one seems to stock anything wider than 90 cm? I've seen some gates by vidaXL, but those are only a max of 120 to 150 cm high and I need 180 cm high. Anybody know of anyone who stocks wooden gates 100 by 180 cm?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does anyone sell wooden fence gates 180 cm high by 100 cm wide?

Hello @Rav4gottogo

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about a wooden fence gate.

Unfortunately, the majority of the timber gates at the store go up to 900mm in width only. Anything wider than that will need to be custom-built either with timber or steel.

If you're after a wooden fence gate that's 1800mm x 1000mm there are two ways you can build it. First, you can use Merbau timber panels to build the gate to the size that you need. The second method is to use either a RapidMesh 1200 x 1870mm Grey Adjustable Steel Gate Frame or Fortress Gate Frame systems. Both these steel frames allow you to make your own gates to the size that you need. Once you have the proper size, you can either use Merbau timbre or Pine fence paling to clad the steel frame.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: Fortress Gates

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects