Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easy outdoor wall

Centrepiecefurn
Cultivating a Following

Easy outdoor wall

I wanted to cover the boring gal walls in my outdoor area quick & easily rather than just paint. I liquid nailed & screwed rough sawn treated 150mm fence palings onto the wall, added some festoon lights & it was done . Will have to keep an eye on it for when the boards shrink but so far so good :wink:

57DB2904-E1F5-44D7-B08E-19D24421520E.jpeg

E6E018C0-5ED1-422B-9018-4AA62DD88470.jpeg

28BAF53C-6B8F-45DB-A4A7-B9F1572AFA3E.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Easy outdoor wall

Looks great @Centrepiecefurn. The festoon lights add a lovely warmth to the space. 

Thanks for sharing a simple yet effective project with us. I'm sure it'll inspire many in our community to make a D.I.Y. project out of the places that usually don't get too much attention.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Centrepiecefurn,

Fantastic to see you share your first project with the Bunnings Workshop community after being a member for so long. Thanks so much for sharing - your feature wall looks terrific. We've featured it on our Project Gallery as we're sure it will inspire other members.

Thanks again, we're looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. Don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Centrepiecefurn 

That is ingenious and inspired, I am always partial to the more natural finish of things such as timber. The timber should weather out longer being in a covered area but since you've glued and nailed it, I reckon it will be pretty sturdy. It makes such a big difference and is much better than just having the color bond steel as the background. Looking forward to your future projects and thank you for sharing.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks so much for your feedback Red. Yes time will tell on how it holds up but should last a while !

Annie :smile:

Centrepiecefurn
Cultivating a Following

Thank you Stevie, I’m looking forward to using the space more often now !!

Annie :wink:

Centrepiecefurn
Cultivating a Following

Thank you Jason! Very special to be featured !!! I do alot of DIY just haven’t posted projects. There will be a second part to this project I’ll post down the track. So great to be part of this creative community !

Annie :wink:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects