Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ekodeck composite boards with Quickfix hidden fastening system

Jfinlay
Growing in Experience

Ekodeck composite boards with Quickfix hidden fastening system

Can anyone please recommend a good installer of this system please on lower northshore of Sydney? Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ekodeck composite boards with Quickfix hidden fastening system

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jfinlay. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Workshop is a D.I.Y. community for discussion about home improvement projects around the house and garden. Our talented members are contributing their own decking projects here all the time and I trust they would be more than happy to assist you with tackling this project if you were interested.

For finding a qualified tradesperson in your area, you might be better served to try a site like hipages or Airtasker

Please let us know if you have any questions about the project or need assistance in getting started.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jfinlay
Growing in Experience

Thank you Mitchell for your help, I will definitely try those sites.

Jfinlay
Growing in Experience

Ekodeck is done and we chose Alpine Ash which is perfect for our semi indoor deck which is much lighter and brighter. Thank you again Mitchell and Bunnings for all your valuable assistance.

Jennie

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations Jennie (@Jfinlay). It would be great to see some photos of the deck if you are able to share some. I'm sure other members would be inspired by what you have achieved. 

Thanks,

Jason

Jfinlay
Growing in Experience

D1ECBD40-FC48-488D-87FA-357F33FDC4C8.jpeg

Also looks great after the rain, sorry mop is still there, and as the deck is elevated we put in 2 trapdoors for easy under access. Jennie

20585865-6D5D-4FBE-A036-9F34F5D769B1.jpeg

202A878B-AAA3-4A4D-A772-B2FA8218CAE0.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Jennie (@Jfinlay),

Many thanks for updating us on the completion of your project and the additional images.

That looks absolutely fantastic and I trust you are very happy with how it turned out. I think you've made a fantastic choice with the Alpine Ash colour.

It's also a great idea for the trap doors. I've seen a similar idea for making sun lounges before. If you install a simple wooden stay on the trapdoor to hold it open on a 45-degree angle, you can then lay a towel or cushion down to create a great relaxation lounger.

We look forward to seeing what your next project will be.

Mitchell

Jfinlay
Growing in Experience

Thank you Mitchell and also for the great idea for sun loungers. 
Jennie

Ekodeck
Getting Established

Great work @Jfinlay ! It really looks great and has come up really well!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects