Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Feature timber screen with Matrix panel

Effie09
Growing in Experience

Feature timber screen with Matrix panel

I just finished another project in my pergola with a Merbau timber screen and a matrix for decoration to cover my colourbond fence. I also attached leaf screens to each side to finish it off. Thank you @diy_hausdesigns for the idea.

I used the Whites screen up to attach it to my existing posts which made it very easy to install with the spacers. I also attached one Merbau timber decking panel behind to support the screen panels from warping.

I wasn’t sure whether to attach the matrix and then add more screws to the panels so I have sat it the planter box infront.

030717B5-3245-4C72-8ADF-C851109088F7.jpeg

 Merbau timber decking panels 90mmx19mm

87731D03-B354-438C-A564-F3E43F16EC4B.jpeg

 Leaf screen attached to the posts

5B34DAFB-E028-4654-9CEE-FCE7AF7480DB.jpeg

 finished to the top of the fence 

5D34E5C6-4C86-4346-99FE-5D348A277122.jpeg

 Matrix screen sitting infront

255F6A27-5FA9-4DCC-80FA-3825E2BA2F2D.jpeg

 Finished Project 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Feature timber screen with Matrix panel

Hi @Effie09

What a fantastic upgrade, this is so relaxing to look at and makes the area feel so much friendlier. This is definitely going into my favorites folder. What plants did you put beside the Matrix screen? I know that this is a silly question, but will you be adding more plants in the box in front of the Matrix panel? Or will it be a water feature? The Merbau panels are just the perfect spot for some wall-hanging plants. If you have any other projects on the go, please don't hesitate to share them. 

Thank you so much for sharing this fence screening project.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Effie09
Growing in Experience

Thank you @EricL that is a real compliment.

I had used fake plants on another matrix feature I did (pic below) but with so much greenery now I’m looking at buying a water fountain and some white pebbles around it.

The plants in the pots are fake so easy to look after :smile: 

I also have repainted an old shed I had in this pergola in the Greek island colours

and added a shelf and a fake window picture to look out into the Santorini ocean 😉

6C32CF21-FD7A-430E-87C0-8C77D351F617.jpeg

9FD70A39-B854-489D-BA47-AE9B81CF5223.jpeg

 Before

548FBC31-C37F-4A5B-B5AA-B0A7AAC141F3.jpeg

 After

918373CE-E3A4-48B9-B5AF-FA7A23E1334B.jpeg

 Finished 

Hi @Effie09 

Great project! What a great way to deal with the fence !

I had the leaching issue too but fortunately my screen was above the deck (which is also merbau) so it wasn't that noticeable. 

Sounds like you are in good hands with @EricL ! all the best and really loving your work.

Regards 

Rufaro 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects