Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence extension - what to do with partial section?

DIY_Dinkum
Growing in Experience

Fence extension - what to do with partial section?

Hi,

I'd like to put up a fence extension along the back fence of my apartment, and to match my neighbour's it would have to be this one (which is my preference anyway):

https://www.bunnings.com.au/lattice-makers-2400-x-500mm-corral-fence-extension_p0048689

My issue is that the fence is 7.92 meters long, which would mean 3 x fence extender sections, and then 0.72 of a meter left over. What does one do with that last partial section, in a way that's going to match the style? I watched the video on installing the product, but it doesn't mention anything about it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Duncan

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Fence extension - what to do with partial section?

Hey @DIY_Dinkum , 

You could always match it with your own built fence extension. The Lattice is just Treated pine, so I'd just be matching the wood, grabbing the amount needed and copying the design for just that section. With only 0.72 meters left over, you wouldn't need much more material. 

Regards,

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @DIY_Dinkum

Thank you for sharing your question about fence extensions. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Remarka6le. I totally agree with his recommendation. Getting some treated timber pieces in the same size and building a similar fence profile is a good option. Purchasing another extension to fill in the remaining gap and using only 1/3 of the materials would be an expensive exercise.

Let me call on our experienced members @Adam_W and @diy_hausdesigns for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIY_Dinkum
Growing in Experience

Great, thanks EricL and Remarka6le, this advice is very helpful! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIY_Dinkum

We look forward to seeing your fence extension installed. Please don't forget to post an update once you've finished your project. I'm sure our members would be keen to see what it looks like. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Anytime @DIY_Dinkum . Keep us updated, I'm keen to see how you go :smile: 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects