Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fire pit area

lcooksey88
Having an Impact

Fire pit area

FFD46D7C-85D0-461B-A26E-A311C93AED2E.jpeg

It was time to say goodbye to our kids sand pit & cubby house and hello BBQ summer days and winter firer pit nights. 

we have used merbau screens for the fence with Un-Real hedge panels & created our own custom bench seat utilised more merbau screens also. 

this took us multiple weekends but the end result is totally worth it! 

cost wise, the fence was around $2000 & the bench seat/paving area was about the same including the pavers & rocks ect. 

before

A60BACA0-58D1-4F2F-8E04-FFAAECF47457.png

 after 

B8942E55-B4BF-40F9-A38B-C763679E9452.jpeg

  custom seat & utilising the merbau panels for a great result  

6CC2187D-7E7E-41D4-AB46-0EA78D8CC3D4.jpeg
all built for our measurements & safety requirements for the pool ect

9AE67404-4928-46F2-B503-0D67FCA25E18.jpeg

  lots of pre work completed also for the pavers & new full size double panelled fence for privacy 

B2991023-867C-4487-A755-84499A3F6340.jpeg

 side fence also completed 

DB292EFD-3205-4B9C-81EA-4CC08A1191DE.jpeg

Back fence with hided gate 

C072E615-6339-4252-A673-4131ADFE5A8C.jpeg

  

40D27908-7810-4AAF-A15D-F21622477A5B.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fire Pit Area

@lcooksey88,

Another fantastic project you've put together there. What a transformation that has made to the whole yard.

I trust you'll be spending plenty of time out there enjoying the view and relaxing.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Simmoann
Just Starting Out

Re: Fire pit area

This looks awesome. I have been trying to do similar screens to our fence (just waiting for isolation in VIC to finish)

I love those marbau screens but can't find them online anywhere. Any chance you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Simone.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Simone (@Simmoann). It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @lcooksey88 so they are alerted to your kind feedback and hopefully they can assist you in locating the screens.

I have managed to find the Lattice Makers 1800 x 900mm Herringbone Hardwood Screen Panel which you might be interested in taking a look at.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for your project as our creative members are contributing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

Hi @Simmoann 

the herringbone panels are merbau but unfortunately a promotional line so not listed on the website - the item @MitchellMc has suggested is very similar just different timber. 
the bench seat is is a live line https://www.bunnings.com.au/specrite-1800-x-902mm-merbau-slat-screen-panel_p8500281

hope that helps you out! 

caren
Growing in Experience

Amazing work, I wish I got talent to do so

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @caren. It's amazing that you've joined us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @lcooksey88 as I'm sure she'll be excited to hear your kind remarks about her project.

I'd encourage you to give a project like this a go. It would be a fantastic first project and easily achievable with the right advice from our members. I trust @lcooksey88 would be more than happy to provide some tips to get you started.

We look forward to assisting you in completing a similar project and encourage you to let us know if you need any help.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to the Bunnings Workshop community helping to build your confidence @caren. Let us know about your projects and plans. We're here to help. 

Welcome,

Jason

Thank you @caren 

Renz
Finding My Feet

Hey! Looks beautiful. Do the leaves fall of the artificial hedge squares, exposing the mesh behind ? I bought these yesterday and some are already falling off as I took them out of the box. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects