Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fixing a gate post to hebel

Jarnzy
Just Starting Out

Fixing a gate post to hebel

What the correct way to fix a post to my hebel wall ? Im trying to put a gate up

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a gate post to hebel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jarnzy. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delay in my reply.

Our helpful members will need some more details on what type and size of gate you are installing. We'll also need to know what the dimensions of the post are.

Ramplugs are appropriate fixings to use in Hebel. The size of the plug and screw used will be determined by the size of the gate and post. If you can provide those additional details I can advise further on the exact products to use.

If it is a large gate then it would be preferential to concrete the post into the ground instead of attaching it to the Hebel.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Amiol
Getting Established

Re: Fixing a gate post to hebel

The Hebel manufacturer recommends not attaching gate posts directly to a hebel wall because the vibration of the gate can damage the hebel. Refer to the Hebel technical manual for details about fixtures to hebel:
https://hebel.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Hebel-Tech-Man-Pt5-Fixings-Finishes-Access-2.pdf

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects