Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden bench seat

Jim57
Building a Reputation

Garden bench seat

Gday just want to thank everyone for the advice on what to finish my garden bench seat with so it wouldn’t rot.

Purchased all my products for the entire job from Bunnings.

If anyone is interested in making one themselves just PM me and I will give details.

Next project birdhouse!

F00FBE6D-A87A-4230-A6A1-0647F14C9CC6.jpeg

EC13BF34-1FB5-4E47-9F8B-94734DD27662.jpeg

948BC9DE-230D-4CA3-9869-FE935E82D938.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Bench seat

Fantastic work, @Jim57; I love the design you've chosen. That tapered cut you've done on the backrest support really adds a nice contemporary touch.

I'm sure there will be plenty of members interested in building one of these, so if you could provide as much detail as possible here, that would be appreciated.

Well done, and I look forward to seeing what project you tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Garden bench seat

Well done @Jim57. We love it when community members come back and share their finished projects. It's very inspiring and helpful to others. If you could share as much detail as possible and what you learned along the way, I'm sure other members would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for sharing.

Jason

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

@Jim57 this looks fantastic! You might want to consider posting the step by step publicly, I Know members would appreciate being able to follow your build instantly to create their own versions. Well done on this :smile: 

Remarka6le
Jim57
Building a Reputation

Please find a utube link which details the building of the bench seat .It’s gives details in imperial so you will need to convert to metric.

Please be aware when the guy in the video talks about the 2nd 30 degree cut in the longer leg he says 30 inches from the first 30 degree cut it’s actually 38inches.

https://youtu.be/IbRe74p3_Jo

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Jim57, thanks for sharing a video. Members love seeing how projects were made in plenty of detail - really helps when wanting to replicate your handiwork.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects